Drawing on his engineering experience and education, Matthew R. Hale represents architects, engineers, contractors, subcontractors and other design professional firms involved in construction law matters. He has also negotiated some of the area’s largest construction contracts totaling hundreds of millions of dollars. National and local clients look to Mr. Hale for successful resolution of complex claims.
Numerous matters benefit from Mr. Hale’s guidance, such as claims relating to defective work and design, delays, differing site conditions, bid mistakes and protests, mechanic’s liens, and payment and performance bond matters for federal, state and local projects. Depending on the clients’ goals and requirements, he resolves these claims before a jury or arbitration panels.
Beyond his construction law practice, Mr. Hale also has extensive experience representing clients in general litigation and commercial law matters. Mr. Hale has successfully litigated several multimillion dollar lawsuits. In-house counsel seeks Mr. Hale’s assistance in developing trial strategies, organizing and prioritizing voluminous records and information, and serving as chief trial counsel.
- Represented one of the country’s largest long-distance carriers in connection with construction claims related to installation of fiber optic cables throughout the West Coast
- Represented nonprofit cancer research facility in connection with negotiation of $100 million construction contract for new facility in Kansas City.
- Represented motorcycle manufacturer in connection with $100 million manufacturing facility located in North Kansas City, Missouri.
- Successfully prosecuted complex refrigeration system claims in connection with cold commercial storage facilities.
- Successfully prosecuted complex heating, ventilation and air conditioning claims in connection with nursing home facility located in Illinois.
- Successfully defended claims of engineering malpractice in connection with modular retaining wall systems.
- Listed in Missouri and Kansas Super Lawyers
- AV Rated Martindale Hubbell
- American Bar Association
- The Missouri Bar
- Kansas Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Builders Association of Missouri
- Associated General Contractors of America
- American Arbitration Association
- American Subcontractors Association of Greater Kansas City General Counsel
- Volunteer Attorney Project
- Blue Valley Rotary Club
- YMCA Volunteer
- Civil/Structural Engineer, Sverdrup & Parcel Consulting Engineers, St. Louis, Missouri, 1979-80